I have no intention of leaving the flat again until Monday when duty calls and I have to go back to the office and admin my ass off. Especially since it snowed again between me getting home at 10:30pm last night and me going to bed at approximately 2.30pm . . .
So I've assembled myself some necessities:
- tons of junk food. I has pizza (a FEW pizzas in fact). A random tex-mex selection from Asda complete with dip. Chocolate still left over from Christmas.
- Diet Irn Bru AND Diet Pepsi. Cos I may be on a I'm-holed-up-in-minus-temperatures binge but that doesn't mean I can't still PRETEND that I'm on a diet.
- Rose wine. 1 bottle of fizzy and one of not-so-fizzy. It will do me. I don't intend to drink tomorrow.
- Numerous dvds I haven't watched. And numerous ones I HAVE watched. Five million times over. More likely than not, I'll end up watching the latter...
- Tons of books. A girl can NEVER have too much reading material. (Plus I've just opened a package I assumed only had ONE book in it to discover it actually had THREE in there. So that's on top of the 20 at least books I still have to read that are sitting around me.
- Comfy pyjamas.
- Heating on continuous. (Our landlord will probably KILL us but hey, our rent includes gas and elec all year around - and in summer do we NEED gas? Er - no. It all breaks even in the end).
- Electric blanket switched on
- Tons of scented candles - they not only make a room SMELL nice, they also heat it up. Result!
- The internet. As long as I have my netbook (and my worn out laptop, just in case) life is good. I will need to dedicate part of my day tomorrow to downloading some tracks I'm enjoying.
Weirdly, much as I love Nelly Furtado, I actually prefer the extended version without her (it's on Timbaland's official website). And anyone else think SoShy looks very like Angelina "Man-Stealer-Extraordinaire" Jolie? (She even has the tattooed thing going on...)
So cheesy but also a great song all the same. And is it just me that thinks Katy Perry is absolutely stunning? If I looked like her (and didn't have to shag Russell Brand) I would be happy.
And this one will prove I can admit when I'm wrong...
Two years ago on my previous blog I slagged this song off, and the British public, for making it number one. Now I can appreciate its appeal - in a cheesy "Oh my god" way. And also I kinda want Jonas aka Basshunter to do well in Celebrity Big Brother, As long as he doesn't end up shagging Ronnie Wood's 21 year old ex girlfriend, who had the personality of a packet of white rice.
Did I mention I like cheesy music? I LOVE this song big time!
ANYWAY . . . when you decide you want to spend a few days hiding away . . . for whatever reason . . . what are YOUR essential items?