Thursday, 26 November 2009

THAT LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE . . .



Sometimes in my head, I'm in that alternate dimension where things go to plan. Where the stuff I imagine happening actually comes true.

Especially when it comes to guys.

Sometimes I really wish that he would come back to me, beg me to give him another chance. What would I say? I'd like to say I would say no, or at least not make it easy for them. Sometimes, though, I'm not so sure.

I'm sure we've all been there at some point or another, right???

Recently I'm not really sure what I want. I'm not really sure what I NEED. But sometimes I would LOVE the chance to turn it all around on him, to throw it back in his face.

I'm talking about The Guy.

Remember how I thought I was over him? I thought maybe Cute Guy from the Party could help me forget him?

Turns out it was only a temporary fix.

I know we inhabit two different worlds. I don't want to hang out with his drama crowd, It's just not me. He never seemed to want me to hang out with them anyway. I don't think I'm ambitious enough for him either.

I don't really think we're meant to be together. I used to. Now I don't.

I just wish things could be different though.

Either that or I wish he would beg me to take him back and I could turn around, strong as you like, and refuse with my head held high.

I don't feel very strong right now, mind you.

But I'm getting there . . .

6 comments:

  1. *cuddles*

    distractions, missy. When you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts or thinking of someone/something that'll make you feel sad or hurt or upset just STOP. Actually tell yourself 'stop it', and think of something else or start doing something else.

    Easier said than done, but it's my way of mentally running away from things if I can't do it physically.

    Some may say we need to deal with things to get over them... I say that some people have a predisposition to wallow and continue to feel pain long after we've been hurt, and this is why a little mental distraction / denial can be a good route to take since apparently alcohol isn't the answer (who knew?!).

    Text me if you want to do something tomorrow or Saturday

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have weak moments and weak days. It's not about justifying them it's about knowing you're better than them an having the right people to talk to and it seems you're already there.

    Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Case and point my most recent blog post.
    I found that it takes a long time to get over great loves/likes... You'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I think we've all felt like this about some guy. I also had "A Guy" like that, and it didn't work out, and I ended up in a similar situation with another "Cute Guy" of my own! The attention was wonderful, but that didn't work either, and it does hurt. But you'll find someone. It's easy to say so, but you will. And someone who DESERVES you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 years later i still have thoughts like this about one of my ex's. I'm not sure it will ever go away, but eventually it will be eclipsed by someone better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we all have days like this, I am sorry you feel like this now, but you know it will pass.

    I truly do believe you will find a guy who will see all the amazing sides of you.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)