Tuesday, 24 November 2009

IT'S ME, I ATTRACT THEM . . .

For some reason, randoms always seem to want to talk to me. Remember, for example, the guy who wanted to tell me about his anagram "Eureka" moment last month??? Well, it's happened again . . .

As I walked to work this morning, I noticed a window-cleaner who looked to be in his fifties, at an estimate, lazily washing the windows of a shop on Park Road. As I passed him he turned to me and said "If only I had stuck with geo-physics . . ."

What the fuck? I'm assuming it was a joke. Or perhaps he really DID have an amazing future ahead of him as a geo-physicist and threw it all away. I guess I'll never know . . .

Anyway, my default "unfriendly" expression clearly isn't working well these days. I'll need to get that sorted out . . .

5 comments:

  1. Oh right, is it wrong that I thought that was quite amusing? lol

    Solution to have no one talk to you - those big MASSIVE headphones so you can listen to music on the way to work, or pretend you are, and no one will talk to you. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, I thought it was amusing as well... Hey! If you didn't have weird people wanting to reach out to you, you'd have a lot less good stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thougt about some role reversal? Just go up to someone who looks a bit odd and say/whisper something like:

    "I'm only allowed out for the day"

    or

    "The air tastes like kittens"

    That should keep people at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jack. Call them on their bluff and out weird them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're magnetic, miss. wow. :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)