Monday, 6 July 2009

AIRLINE FOR THE SERIOUSLY INSANE??? YOU DECIDE . . .

I have never flown with the budget airline Ryanair before. I have never particularly wanted to. I find Easyjet, which is pretty much the same airline as far as I'm concerned, bad enough. Not being assigned a seat at check in is IMMENSELY annoying for one thing.

But I read this article today and it REALLY took the cake . . .

Seriously, are they MENTAL??? "Bar stools" instead of proper seats? What the fuck???

Not remotely safe, surely?

I read another article where the argument for it was that people stand up on public transport all the time.

Er, yes, we realise that . . . BUT ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT THAT DOESN'T TAKE OFF, LAND, AND FLY THOUSANDS OF FEET IN THE AIR!!!!

Frankly, the very idea of this terrifies me to the core. Aeroplane seats can be bumpy enough as it is. But taking off for a flight perched on a BAR STOOL??? Oh yes, I can picture the sore arses now . . .

Does anyone think this is a good idea, or is this cost-cutting one step too far???

11 comments:

  1. Ryanair is fine... I've flown with them lots before. But be warned - they seem cheap but they charge for everything - checking in, having a bag TO check in, not to mention the usual excess. But the flight itself is usually ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously one of the most ridiculous suggestions i've ever heard.

    Don't they make you SIT DOWN and belt up during take off and landing, at the very least ? Somehow me thinks being balanced precariously on a barstool isnt quiet the same ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standing up on a plane? Really? Seems like there would be an awful lot of liability involved. On their end. Stupid idea. I wouldn't ever book a flight with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asides from his regular insanity, his idea for a fat tax was actually quite a good one in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised he would even suggest the bar stool. Why not just skip the stool and have hanging straps seen on subways and tie everyone together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. barstools?! I likthe BAR idea, but not the stools.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Depends on if they serve heavy handed drinks while in them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats ridiculous (although I agree with the fat tax). I can;t stand up for long as iot is without fainting so a few hrs stood up would be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Generally speaking, most of the rubbish RyanAir come out with is pure publicity. Everytime Michael O'Leary makes a comment about a fat tax or charging people to use the loo etc he guarantees a load of press coverage.

    Not as stupid as he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness that is AWFUL! I hadn't seen that. And Kirsty was right they (and easyjet) do charge for absolutely everything else. What a ripoff. No way am I going for any flight standing up! Are they crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bar stool?! Haaa... yeah, sounds a bit unsafe...they might as well have you on see-saws...

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)