Saturday, 6 June 2009

YAWN . . .

It's been a tiring week. And the first five day week I've worked in nearly two months. Perhaps that contributed to the tiredness, along with the two ten and a half hour shifts I had to pull on both Thursday and Friday. I never quite realised how possible it is to sleep with your eyes open before. Now I do.

Today was my first lie in since last weekend and it definitely felt deserved. That being said, I woke up really early and then had to struggle to get back to sleep. Boo! :( I've got my flight down to London for work tomorrow afternoon so this is really my only day of relaxation now until NEXT weekend. The next couple of weeks are bound to be hectic so I was really looking forward to getting to the end of June and putting all the stress behind me . . .

But THEN I found out yesterday I've been summoned for jury duty at the High Court on the 29th. I was really hoping to dodge that bullet, ever since I received the letter at the beginning of last year saying I could be called at any time over the next two years. I made the mistake of thinking a couple of weeks back that it looked like I was going to get away with it. Naw!!! Dammit. Oh well, as long as it doesn't interfere with my holiday to Majorca at the end of July I suppose it should be okay. Knowing my luck though, I wouldn't be surprised if I landed some ongoing, crappy case that lasted for months . . .

Dammit dammit DAMMIT!!! Anyway, let's end the post on a positive note and listen to a couple of songs I like right now. The second one is super-cheesy but still awesome, lol.



4 comments:

  1. I deff prefer Agnes :)

    Hows the man issue??

    and good luck with jury duty gurgh something I am not looking forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've given you an award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tell the judge that anyone who cuts into your vacay time is guilty by default and you'll be off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never been called for jury duty, not sure how, but im kinda grateful, although i would love a big juicy case!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)