Sunday, 3 May 2009

A LONG TITLE REGARDING LACK OF INSPIRATION, SWINE FLU, BOYS AND SOME OTHER STUFF . . .

Firstly, how fucking funny is this??? Not that swine flu is funny, but you know what I mean . . .
You know, I'm sure I had something I wanted to post about today but now? I can't bloody remember what it was. Or if I really DID have something worthwhile I wanted to post and now I just can't remember. Hmmm. Bit annoying really.


It seems that there's a lot of people in the blogosphere recently feeling distinctly uninspired. I'm not sure what it is. Is it that the weather is brightening up and we don't feel the need to be in front of our computers quite so much? Is it just real life getting in the way again? In my case, it's probably a bit of both. Between Thursday night and the early hours of this morning, I hadn't even switched my laptop on. Which is really unlike me. I was out on Friday night, fair enough, but usually I tend to get home and drunkenly at least TRY to get online for a bit - usually I pass out with the laptop on top of me but at least I've TRIED. I was in all day yesterday but what with lying around nursing my hangover and then having a dvd marathon (I managed five dvds uninterrupted which is quite unlike me - my attention tends to wander after one or two films maximum), I never managed to open my laptop until the last film was almost at an end and I suddenly thought "Oh my god, I'm suddenly missing my internet fix."


It's weird though. Cos the thing is, there's so much I want to talk about, rant about, sing to the rooftops about . . . but strangely I feel like I can't. There's certain things I feel I have to censor myself about, because I don't know who exactly is reading. And there are certain people who I want to keep out of this to a certain extent. I think you can guess who I mean. (So far, he still appears to like me. I don't know what I'm doing right, but it must be something!)


Hmmm. In other news . . . Rhodes is now less than a week away. I'm pretty excited despite the fact that my plans to lose tons of weight for a brilliant bikini body just didn't happen. Just as with blogging, real life always seems to get in the way of dieting. But I am looking forward to it so much all the same. I'm stockpiling books to take away with me and trying to think of what clothes I'm wanting to take. It's pretty time-consuming.


It's a public holiday tomorrow so I'm off work. That means there's only four days of work left until the holiday. I'm also meant to be seeing a certain someone tomorrow night. :) Which I have mixed feelings about because it will be really good to see him (obviously!) but it will also be the last time I see him before Rhodes due to our busy schedules, which means this will be the last time I see him for at least two weeks. :(


It looks like I'm also going to be going to London next month with work. Only for three days, and I'm not sure where I'm going to be based yet, but I'm looking forward to that too. Yay! If the weather is anything like it was the previous two Junes I've been down, I will be happy . . .


Finally, I think this is my new favourite song. Love the video too. Really need to remember and download the track before my holiday!

8 comments:

  1. 1.) I agree when it gets sunny out people tend to stray from blogger world.

    2.) Look forward to the day cetain people Can be mentioned on your blog ;)

    2.) Have a fabulous time in Rhodes and take lots of pics to post afterwards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is awesome lol good find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a holiday? That sounds like bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Pooh!!!!

    Why does everyone have a day offff!? I want one, lol. *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  5. take a blog holiday!! it worked for me...sort of

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would say make ur blog invite only but it's tough when no one can send u a request.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear all about Rhodes! I bet you'll have an amazing time and post plenty of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the song! I will definitely download it.

    As for feeling uninspired about blogging, I think that spring is in the air and most of us would rather be outside than in front of a computer. It's gorgeous out.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)