Thursday, 2 April 2009

WALKING ON SUNSHINE!!!

It was sunny today. That made me happy.

The only thing that DIDN'T make me happy? The fact I was stuck in the office.

Why the FUCK do sunny days always coincide with the days you cannot feasibly spend a lot of time outside??? Why do they never occur on, oh I don't know, the WEEKEND??? (Although, if I DID work the weekend, they would probably occur on those days also.) Or how about when one actually has some annual leave booked? For example, the other day I arranged a couple of days off for the week after next. You can virtually GUARANTEE it will rain constantly.

The good thing though? Sunshine, whether I'm trapped inside or not, puts me in a far better mood. Last night, me and one of my friends went for a walk down the Kelvin Walkway next to the river. It was such a nice night, I ended up skipping. I also galloped for a bit. It was just that kinda night. Mental, I know. But that's what sunshine does to me.

Even better? It is just over a month until I'm headed for the Greek island of Rhodes with my lovely flatmate. I am soooo excited to get some PROPER sunshine, to be in a place I've never been before, to get to relax and chill out and read loads of books . . . and hopefully come back with an awesome tan! It feels like AGES since I've had a proper holiday (yes, I KNOW I was in the Canary Islands a mere six months ago but that seems a very long way back now!).

On top of that, it's FINALLY good to go on the late July holiday. Woo-hoo! Don't know where I'm headed yet but, as I think I mentioned back before we had it confirmed, Majorca in the Ballearics seems like a good choice at the moment.

I'm also hoping to get to Southern Ireland this year since I only made it for the day last year and both other trips I had planned there fell through. Fingers crossed it can happen finally this year though. It would be nice to get a proper taste of the place rather than having to get the last bus home to Belfast . . . at nine pm on a Saturday night!! :)

Right now, things seem to be looking up. I don't want to say it for definite as I always feel like it is tempting fate, but I have quite a few things to look forward to at the moment, I am taking everything one day at a time, and liking it this way but . . .

I know the WEATHER, at least, will probably break again soon!!!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds glorious- please take lots of photos. Some of us aren't going anywhere on holiday... I barely even get sunshine through my window at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so jealous of all the fabulous vacays you have coming up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, i'm so jealous of you! i've never been to the canary islands or greece! lucky!

    don't worry, you're not the only one who skips (AND gallops) because of sunny weather...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need vacation in some exotic place. ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm rhodes! you lucky girly! that will make up for the lost uk sunshine days for sure!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)