Thursday, 26 March 2009

EXPECTING THE UNEXPECTED . . .

  • Facebook is a great way to catch up with old friends
  • It is not always advisable to decide to use the chat function on Facebook to chat to aforementioned old friends and end up playing drinking games (or trying to).
  • It is also not necessarily advisable to decide to do this on a Sunday night and end up drunkenly rambling online at half four on a Monday morning when you need to be up in less than two hours.
  • Drinking (online or not) with someone you used to like in high school leads to drunken confessions . . . such as the fact that you DID like them in high school!
  • This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • Sometimes you realise that the feelings you had might not have been unrequited after all.
  • But there's nothing you can do about it now.
  • Or is there?
  • Trying to choose a venue for a date is fairly stressful.
  • Drinking BEFORE aforementioned date in order to be relaxed means that you may be rather drunk and not remember chunks of the night.
  • It may also result in you drunkenly making the first move - actually "pouncing" may be a more appropriate verb in this case . . .
  • Apparently I haven't changed all that much since high school (???)
  • It may be wise to not say silly things that you usually do without thinking. Such as, when the guy comes back from the bathroom, asking him if he had a nice pee.
  • If he laughs and actually responds to the bizarre query, rather than running for the hills or looking at you like you're a psycho, maybe there's hope.
  • Having conversations about what people from school are now like is actually pretty fun.
  • As is hearing gossip that you may have missed from back in those days.
  • Stealing chocolate bars is not a good idea. (Getting caught? Even worse. Luckily, I didn't.)
  • Having two dates in less than a week is decidedly unusual for me. But I liked it.
  • I am still smiling.
  • I even smiled (on the inside) when it was basically implied I had done no work today. Which couldn't be further from the truth and normally the very injustice of it all would mean that my anger would still be bubbling now.
  • But it isn't.
  • I'm over it.
  • Who knows what's next, or what may happen. I don't have a fucking CLUE.
  • Life is DEFINITELY more unpredictable than I ever quite realised . . .

11 comments:

  1. Glad your confessions were received well where as sometime they are not! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... Just so you know, I loved this post. It made me crack up the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to all that.

    I am a recent FB convert, and have been unloading some mental baggage as well.

    While not having the dramatic results you have had, it has indeed increased the unpredictability of existence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook chat is definitely a mixed blessing. I always stay online because there are a handful of people I would definitely want to chat to - but obviously I always end up being facebook-chatted up by some berk or other I knew in first year. Gag.
    Glad things went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! So obviously the first date went well then, if you scored a second date with inside a week ?

    Way to go Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moral of the story: where WOULD we be without Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it works out with the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my little blog holiday I have definitely missed you posts the most.
    2 dates in a week, wooohooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing wrong with the odd pounce ;o)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)