Saturday, 28 February 2009

PUB CRAWL . . .



Not really any significance to the video above apart from the fact I like the song, like to post some sort of music video on Saturdays and the title of the song "Ouch" sums up my first thought upon waking up this morning . . .

Last night we had a department night out. Decisions hadn't really been made as to a location; I guess collectively we were pretty indecisive, so a bit of a pub crawl ensued. We started in Chinaski's, and as some people joined and others left, we headed to The State Bar, Capitol, then (I think? I might be wrong) The Variety Bar.

If I had been planning to only have a couple of drinks, that didn't happen. In fact, I'm estimating I had about nine or ten glasses of wine. And in the State Bar, where I probably drank the bulk of this wine, they ran out of rose after one glass and was forced to switch to white. You know, when people talk about how you shouldn't mix your drinks, somehow I wonder if the person who said this originally had mixed white and rose wine. Because it seems to be a bit of a lethal combination.

The State Bar was also where I got my snog of the month (here I thought I was going to go through February without one, although I suppose last month's snog slightly overlapped into February anyway given it was on the 31st). It was a 21 year old (and NOT one I work with this time, so certain people out there who might have something to say about it will have to think of a new insult for this one!) and I think he was a student. He was very pretty (for a boy!) and told me I didn't look my age and looked "more like 25". How could I resist???

When I got home though, I did sort of fall victim to a twist on the whole "drunken texting" thing. This time it was "drunken facebook messaging". Long story. I need to suck it up and go find out exactly what I wrote. Because for the life of me, I can't remember . . . Oops.

Today? I feel like absolute crap. Complete poo. I was wishing I could puke, but nothing happened. My head was pounding, but I couldn't get back to sleep. It hurt to open my eyes though. And I couldn't find any painkillers. It's taken me until now to start to feel even REMOTELY normal. And tonight I have to go out and do it all again!

But for some reason, I don't really mind . . .

3 comments:

  1. Snogging session with a 21 year old ? You go girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to know what you wrote!!! Tee hee! Hope you had a fabbity night last night as well (though without potentially mortifying messaging!!).

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)