Tuesday, 10 February 2009

MY TRAUMATIC EVENING . . .

Something truly horrific happened tonight.

I actually shudder at the memory, it traumatised me so much.

I had been on the internet for about fifteen minutes, idly browsing away, like one does (or like I do, obsessively!) and then . . . it's okay, I can say it . . .

. . . deep breath . . .

Here goes . . .

I LOST MY INTERNET CONNECTION!

And not just for like a couple of minutes.

FOR ABOUT THREE HOURS!

I actually felt like I had lost a limb. I didn't know what to do with myself. I think with my attention span as limited as it has been over the past couple of days (I've not been feeling that well and I think it's affecting my state of mind) the only thing I can pay attention to for more than a few minutes is the online world. TV and books can't hold my attention for long enough.

I mean, I ended up trying to TIDY MY ROOM as something to keep me busy!!! WTF???

Now I'm exhausted from running around and feel like collapsing, my insides feel sore, my bones feel all mushy . . . and my room basically looks like I haven't even DONE anything to it. Nice!!!

So now I guess it's bed time since I don't really feel up for moving further, I feel kinda like puking to be more honest. Fingers crossed I feel better soon!

For "Cheer Me Up Tuesday" I thought I would be lazy and do a couple of links to "lightbulb" jokes . . . So go here for a fairly big one (ooh-er!) and then here for a selection of smaller ones*. Sorry for the laziness, but like I said, I'm not 100% and this means EVERYTHING suffers.

Even my sense of humour, apparently . . . :(


*In case you can't be bothered to click on links (according to Chris, a lot of people can't, so I'm taking that into consideration here!), here's my favourite:

How many Psychologists does it take to change a lightbulb ? - Just one. But the bulb has to really WANT to change

15 comments:

  1. I should have stuck with your joke listed...was funnier than the other ones I took the sweet precious time to read through. :)

    Hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah..poor child :P I know how you feel, sometimes it happens to me when I'm chatting...I imagine dying feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the scariest thing to happen. it happened to me a couple days ago for about 6 hours...WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my internet for an entire day and almost died. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. The internet here has been down all damn day, too! Must be a conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a sad day when I realized I was not too smart for TV but simply had too short of an attention span.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how much we are internet-dependent these days. I understand you because I'm worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, nothing worse than losing the internet!!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. when I was without internet for 3 days when i lived in oslo, i got so desperate I actually knocked on some strangers door in my building and asked if I could borrow his internet...I should blog about that

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your experience. I hope it doesn't traumatize you for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek! My connection was unreliable at home for about a week - it was the worst!

    Hopefully the issue was resolved and it won't happen again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's quite strange that, in this tiny backward town, DSL internet service is more reliable than the water. But when I do lose it... I know how you felt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen on the psychologist light bulb joke. It's true, dammit!
    I just went nearly a week without consistent internet access while out of town, and now my Google Reader is pretty much an utter catastrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No internet: sends me INSANE! I just went through a drought and it hurt real bad. I feel like I have commented this before...my brain may have stopped.

    But I came here to say I tagged you for cute blogs, head to my blog for details, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't deal without the internet either!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)