Sunday, 15 February 2009

FREE AGENT . . .

Sometimes I can't decide if it amuses me or irritates me more that certain people try to judge me for being some kind of slapper. Because it really couldn't be further from the truth . . .

Pretty much a year ago I was absolutely gutted when the guy I was seeing broke up with me for the second time. Most of you probably know this. I actually could not even think of another guy, couldn't even LOOK at another guy. I just felt so hurt, so let down, I don't think I could say I was heartbroken, but I felt like I had lost one of my best friends. Which is really what hurt more than anything. I think after that I just thought "screw it, I'm not getting involved with anyone ever again." I know, it's a total drama queen reaction, but that was the point I was at emotionally back then.

So fast forward a couple of months and I met that guy in London. I liked him. Nothing happened. But I thought - thank god, at least I can actually FANCY someone again.

It took me another good few months though to even KISS someone else. And okay, since mid-November I have averaged, oh, a snog a month. Which may seem out of character for me, but is it really? It's not really anything I wasn't doing back in my single days originally. I think there are a lot of single people out there who average a similar amount, if not more.

Is it something I should be judged for?

Certainly not.

Perhaps I haven't always made the best choices of who I have kissed. But then, do you know something, WHO THE FUCK HAS??? The fact of the matter is this . . .

It is absolutely no one else's business who I get involved with and who I don't.

I am SINGLE.

In case some people were not aware of this, this means I have no attachments. And therefore, if I WANT to go and snog someone, whether it be a random, a friend of a friend, someone I work with, or ANYONE ELSE, I can do so.

Obviously there ARE limitations on this. For example a few months back a guy kissed me and I didn't realise he actually had a girlfriend until afterwards. I may have a slight misguided history of getting involved with guys in relationships (although I have never cheated myself) but I'm waaaayyyy past that now cos I've seen lots of people getting hurt because they were cheated on, and I'm not willing to do that again. Because I would hate to have it done to me.

But in general? I am free to snog whoever the fuck I like.

The funniest thing of all? It's not like I'm going around sleeping with all and sundry. I've never been like that. (Sometimes, I kind of wish I was, it would probably make my life easier.) I've not actually had sex in over a year! I've only slept with three guys in my entire life! I'm not exactly Miss Superslut 2009!

The phrase that springs to mind here? The one about people in glass houses and throwing stones.

Or perhaps the one about the pot and kettle?

That's all I have to say.

16 comments:

  1. No one is judging you here. Where'd this post come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Knikki, I should have clarified - this is aimed at people in real life, not the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I have learnt is you cannot control what people (rightly or wrongly) say about you. Also, that the sort of people who create "reputations" aren't worth bothering with.

    Ignore them - snog who you want. In fact, don't be discerning - snog EVERYONE! They are probably just jealous anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think making out with whoever you want is actually a good thing when you're single. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I must say that you're single! You don't have to justify yourself to anyone!! Do as you please, and if other people judge you for something pointless, F them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I at first thought snogging meant actually having relations and I thought you were fine when I thought you were getting it on with one person a month...kissing really shouldn't count! Especially people like ourselves that tend to drink often...kissing is just a natural sidekick to drunkeness. Don't worry about the petty comments of others...keep on being you...fabulous and all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say kiss loads of people while you can... its one of the fun parts of being single!

    So i'm thinking that whoever is judging you is probably in a couple right now... can just say - JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in a little bit of shock that anyone would judge you for that. Believe me, I know a lot of people who are far worse, and no one criticizes them for that-- that is what being single is about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh believe me, I'm in shock about it too! And angry!!! Hence the need to rant!!!

    Believe me, you all have no idea how much your comments have helped because I was starting to wonder if I was in the minority in my opinion here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard the term "slapper before." But, anyway, I agree with you and everyone else in this post. I don't see anything wrong with your behavior, and I don't see why you should be judged for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiss who you want and have fun! Those who have problems probably need a good snogging anyways and are jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been awarded the "Honest Scrap" here.

    If you already have one, then ignore it, otherwise the rules and tag are there.

    I just like the raw emotion in your writings from time to time. - Dan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never heard the term snog before! Love it. Do people say it a lot in the UK or did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  14. you know me, I am all for snogging and sleeping around and not giving a fuck, thats what I do. I am the one getting pleasure out of it so who cares what others think

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, being called a slapper for kissing? What kind of puritanical society are you living in? Id turn round and tell them to get a life. Quickly. Ive done way worse in the past and i still dont consider myself to be a slapper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lots of kissing makes someone a slut? What's next, the revelation that kissing does lead to babiies?

    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." - John 8:7

    - Kendall

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)