Saturday, 21 February 2009

BACK TO THE NINETIES . . . AGAIN!!!

Last week, a couple of my colleagues got to talking about the Scatman. Do you remember the Scatman???

I've not been able to imbed the stupid video ( why do people disable the embedding feature on youtube? I mean, it's free advertising for a song!) but go here for the vid.

It got me thinking about my nineties themed bar idea again. Because obviously since that is a song for the nineties, it would fit in well at the bar! I think it would be a pretty well received song in one of those it's-so-bad-it's-GOOD kinda ways . . .

So I decided to check out some other songs for the "bar" . . .

Some Ace of Base, perhaps?



Or how about some Haddaway??? Man, I used to LOVE this song . . .



Or that classic dance tune, "Mr Vain" by Culture Beat?




Or "I Like To Move It" by Reel 2 Real. That was a REAL grower . . .



And on a non-dance related subject, how about this to slow it down a little?



One song I probably WOULDN'T let in the door though? This one by Shampoo! (Despite the fact me and a girl I went to school with dressed up as them for a Hallowe'en part in 1995. Let's just say, we were short of inspiration . . . )



UPDATE: I just happened across this song by PJ and Duncan on 4Music and had to add it to my playlist because it may be cheesy but it's a classic! And back then we never thought Ant & Dec would become the British institution they are now. Heck, they were in "Love Actually" and everything . . .




What song would YOU like to be played in my bar???

7 comments:

  1. I don't know - I think you should visit my 60's-70's bar. But if we are stuck in the 90's, how about:

    maybe
    Shoop - Salt N Pepa
    but my fave of the period has to be
    Love Shack - B52's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top Gun soundtrack would be fine :)
    Or Batman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would sooo be at that bar! Can we slow dance to Lisa Loeb? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, how is it possible that I remember most of those songs? Awesome..I'd like your bar, PP :p
    Can you play "COCO JAMBO" ? I'd like to see others dancing that :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only blogger who mentioned Ace of Base this week. I feel cooler now. Nice videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some fabbity choices there, but you need some Brit Pop in there too (although I suppose they wouldn't be *that* dancey)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha love it, the 90's were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)