Sunday, 25 January 2009

THINGS I MUST STOP DOING . . .

  • Calling people "bitch" and "cow" to their faces. Even though I mean it affectionately, they might not necessarily take it the right way.
  • Deciding it's a good idea to take scissors to my own hair when bored and/or drunk.
  • Thinking that the second bottle of rose is a good idea
  • Going in a mood with anyone who suggests it isn't.
  • Hitting the snooze button at least ten times every weekday morning.
  • Leaving the decision of what to wear until the last minute when I KNOW this always end in a panic and me spending all day feeling uncomfortable in whatever the resulting thrown-together outfit is.
  • Checking my stats obsessively.
  • Spending so much money on books when I have at least 20 unread ones sitting on my windowsill.
  • Throwing all my crap onto the sofa - it might be nice to be able to SIT on it once in a while. Just a thought . . .
  • Waste so much time worrying about what certain people think of me.
  • Caring what the fuck they think. It's not even WORTH it!
  • Neglecting my friends and social life purely because I am trying to be healthy. Can't a social life and being healthy co-exist for a change?
  • Fucking up every romantic relationship I've ever had.
  • Comparing myself to other people. Who says THEY'RE all happy either???
  • Wishing my life away.
  • Worrying about dying. (Which seems like a contradiction on the previous statement but hey.)

Think that's about enough for now. Is there anything you feel you need to stop doing?

And, for the Aussies in honour of tomorrow's National Australia Day, here's a little treat for you all. Hope you have a great day!!!


22 comments:

  1. omg!! i seriously do the buying books one!! i'm terrible!
    i buy them online because they're "cheap", when i already have 10 in my shelf to read!!

    and I agree on the drunk & scissors one... that really isn't a good idea ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...you have been reading my mind.....except the 1st one..I just say it in me head and smile....and soetimes I really mean it!!!!!
    love from Down Under xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the books! Yet I'm itching to buy more. *sigh* I do the same with DVDs - MUST stop! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. # Leaving the decision of what to wear until the last minute when I KNOW this always end in a panic and me spending all day feeling uncomfortable in whatever the resulting thrown-together outfit is.
    # Checking my stats obsessively.
    # Spending so much money on books when I have at least 20 unread ones sitting on my windowsill.

    I just cant stop doing these 3 things :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree that drunken hair-cutting is not a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha... " i come from a land down under "... gotta love it!
    Also, i must stop worrying about getting past my used-by-date, listening to the same playlist on my Ipod ( its time for a change, methinks )and having cravings for KFC. I will wean myself off that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to stop avoiding my small responsibilities until they become big problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to stop doing most of those things, too. I have semi-stopped cutting my own hair, but I'm really, really tempted to do it again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. posted about this in a way...but i could do with keeping my impatience and temper in check...and NOT turning into a condescending bitch to customers I talk to on the phone.

    aaaand i know EXACTLY what you mean about storing stuff on the couch. in uni, i used to switch my pile of clothes to my chair when i went to bed, then toss them back on my bed when it was time to study. sweet. life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey it's ok, I'm the ultimate queen of fucking up relationships... or at least not having any luck with men. I keep telling myself it's because there's someone wonderful waiting to meet me in the future. Yeah, right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the last three there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol..obsessive stat checking? Wouldn't dream of it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Waste so much time worrying about what certain people think of me.
    Caring what the fuck they think. It's not even WORTH it!"

    Amen to that. Do you even like them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh come on. I agree on all, except the one with the books. One can't have enough books, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do the book thing all the time. And the gift cards to bookstores that I got as Christmas presents this year? It's only going to enable me further.

    Also, do you really call people cow to their faces? Cuz I don't hate that...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my list is pretty much the same as yours!

    Another bottle of rose to drown our sorrows??? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drunken hair cutting is always a good idea. My theory is that it makes my hairdresser work for her dollar when she fixes the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I share roughly half of your bad habits. Except I don't call people I like bitches and cows to their faces. I call people I don't like bitches and cows behind their backs. Which is worse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i share many of those habits, but number one is the calling people cows, dicks, bitches, fuckwit to their faces....i must stop

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the not giving a fuck about what other people think one...can I also then say that I wish I did call more people names to their faces?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i call my friends "bitch" all the time too, and i need to learn to do it just to the ones who do it back to me.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)