Saturday, 3 January 2009

I HAVE A CONFESSION . . .

Remember this post?

Well, I've sort of already fallen off the wagon. I know, it's bad and all that.

The thing is, I was meeting up with a friend today that I was exchanging presents with. For one reason and another, we hadn't actually celebrated Christmas yet. And while I know I don't have to drink alcohol in order to celebrate, it just seemed like a fun idea.

On top of that, the OFFICIAL diet isn't commencing until Monday since my "holiday" isn't officially over until then. So I figured in theory I shouldn't have to stop drinking until then either.

In the meantime, I didn't drink on Thursday or Friday of this week. Which can only be a good thing.

Oooh, and on my way home, after a couple of bottles or so of wine . . . I was RECOGNISED! I never thought it would happen to me before. To be honest, the fact I hadn't expected it, plus the fact I was about to get out of the subway train, plus the fact I was more than a little tipsy . . . meant I didn't really know how to deal with it. Still, always nice to meet a fellow blogger face-to-face . . . even if it IS only for five seconds!!!

14 comments:

  1. Here's to getting back on the horse! That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hey you congrats on being recognised I think it would kinda creep me out if I was, I am not so good with the unplanned!

    Dont worry about falling off the wagon either, its ok to drink every now and then!! and thanks for the comment on my blog earlier, you have inspired me to do something on there so keep checking back, will email you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were recognised ? That makes you one of those famous bloggers!

    And i completely understand why you had a drink - my resolutions dont officially start until the 5th either because thats when my holiday is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recognised as a blogger? AWESOMEE! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. recognized?!?! look at you!!!! you are so famous!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute.
    Love the post.

    All the best,
    Bridget Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Recognized! That's awesome, and a little uncomfortable (at least it would be for me and the content of my blog)

    I fell off the wagon too. Back on soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh! I'm surprised our paths haven't crossed sooner to be honest. I thought the moment was quite funny - once I had ascertained it was you, I decided not to chat over the noise of the subway, but exchange greetings just as the doors were shutting.

    Dontcha feel like a rock star? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do indeed!!! Well, I guess that counts as my first official blog meet-up, unofficial and fleeting though it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry about one day. It's just one day. And I think it's OK to still drink...just everything in moderation. Wow, that would be weird to get recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that is so cool that you got recognised, I mean sure it would be weird to suddenly have someone who has read your blog just come up and just say hi but must be really flattering too. Was it a a blogger from a blog you knew about?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like good rationalization to make promises work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually am shocked you and Ant haven't met before, as you seem to have the same stomping grounds!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)