Saturday, 27 December 2008

SO . . .

. . . I popped by my old blog earlier on and realised, as I suspected, that I had started it on the 27th December. Since that was the point where I started blogging "properly", even if it wasn't on this CURRENT blog, I consider this therefore my bloggiversary. So there you go.

It's weird to think I've been doing this for a year now. Obviously, there have been points where I've been more active than not. Points where I've been on a couple of times a day, and points where I've not visited for a couple of days. Depending on my mood.

I can probably attribute a lot of things that have gone wrong in my life to me starting blogging.

But, on the other hand, there's a lot of things that have gone RIGHT in my life I can ALSO attribite to blogging.

One thing is for sure . . . I know I've met a lot of people I trust through the blogosphere. People I would never have met otherwise. And I can only feel grateful about that.

So it's Saturday, so it must be music day, right???

First up . . . my current favourite song as of yesterday. I hope to get to dance to it in the real world (and not just in my bedroom) at some point . . .



I can't embed the other two songs I want to embed which is, let's be frank, A FUCKING PAIN IN THE ARSE. But I'll post the links.

Firstly this is a song that I love the lyrics for, as my brother-in-law also agreed with yesterday as he insisted on playing for us on his Itouch. Little did he realise he was already preaching to the converted - i've loved this song for a few weeks now. I may have posted a link to it previously, but I don't care!!!

Here it is! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wgLEblqYmUQ&feature=related

And with this one, it isn't so much the song itself, but the video that gets to me. I feel like the video kinda contradicts the lyrics, but obviously this has to have been on purpose, right? I can't get it out of my head (although it's quite a few years old) because it seems to me the two of them have no reason NOT to be together. Opinions here anyone???

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQ9N6V6qoc

(Sorry, for some reason the hyperlink function is acting up tonight!)

10 comments:

  1. First of all, happy anniversary Paula! :D Congrats!
    Second, I loved your favourite son, it is a really dancing-like song and I'd love to have one of those silver bras she has at the video :P
    Third, I also think they should be together, but..I don't know, he wasn't meant to be for Buffy either :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogversary!! Thanks for leading me to that James Morrison song, I love it!

    Also, thanks so much for your comments. I love being able to relate to other people and hearing advice from people who went through the same thing I am going through. I really appreciate your support and thanks for giving me your email, :) blogging helped me get through the breakup the first time...hopefully I won't have to go through it again but it is nice to know there are people out there who listen & care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy blog anniversary then :)

    i love your songs choices .. thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just posted this on 20sb, but Happy Blogiversary! :D Here's to many more years of blogging for you and to blog friends! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are about ten times more consistent than I am (notice that I haven't even come close to breaking 20 posts in a single month) and for that I congratulate you.

    Good luck for your next year of sharing stories with random internet strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aHHHHHHHHHHH! I love that song and I haven't danced to it in a real club either.

    I'm currently jamming out to it. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogoversary! My two year one is coming up, which is such an odd thing to reflect on. It is funny to think about blogging shifts your perspectives in such an odd way.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)