Monday, 8 December 2008

PARTY WITH THE "STARS"? ER, NO THANKS, I'D RATHER NOT . . .

The Christmas Marks and Spencers advert does my head in. Why? It's cheesy, it's twee, it has a bunch of so-called "celebs" in it I don't really care about and . . . oh I don't even know what else. It just annoys me, okay???

If you haven't watched it, please feel free. I've embedded it below (perhaps you've noticed???) I decided it might be fun to add my own commentary underneath the video though. Just cos I felt like it . . .




0:02 - "NEWSFLASH! Take That's Howard Donald in possessed hand shocker!!!"
0:08 - "Why yes, it WAS a purple leopard . . ."
0:26 - "Yes I realise I'm not really wearing much while everyone else is fully dressed but I AM an underwear model, after all . . ."
0:37 - "Dammit, you've caught me - I buy the world's most boring presents!"
0:41 - "NEWSFLASH! Take That's Howard Donald in third leg shocker!"
0:45 - "Ooops sorry for hitting you with the snowball - I didn't recognise you with your clothes on!"
0:50 - "Oooh I shouldn't have twirled around like that, I think I'm going to puke now. Blurgh." (the last part is off camera of course . . . )
1:00 - "Yes, I just don't understand how I didn't get into dance school either . . . "
1:02 - Twiggy estimates how much bigger she has gotten since her 60s-skinny-heyday . . .
1:04 - "Oh no, you're THIS much bigger!!!"
1:08 - "Hey girls, how do you fancy being backing dancers on Take That's latest tour???"
1:17 - "When I'm not starring in M & S adverts I wear a onesie. Shhh, don't tell anyone."
1:30 - "When I hold this present to my ear, I can hear the sea!!!"
1:38 - "I think this bra might be a little too small for me . . ."
1:43 - "Yes, goodbye, you've suffered enough. Oh and no matter how hard you try, you won't experience a perfect Christmas like ours."


See why it annoys me?

Mind you, it's good for poking fun at . . . :)

4 comments:

  1. Is that a commerical? It's soooo long!

    What's with the part where the chick is creeping around in her bra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya what the heck WAS that? Hilarious - no wonder it annoys you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly. If I was a bbc producer I would give you your own TV commentary show.

    Secondly. Why oh why? are these people even celebrating christmas together in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. muahaha love the cometary! What comedy!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)