Tuesday, 30 December 2008

THE ONE WHERE I GET "INTERVIEWED". AND COUGH A LOT . . .

I'm not really feeling my best this morning. First of all, I was out with a couple of my good friends since 2pm yesterday (damned daytime drinking!) apparently attempting to drink my weight in rose wine. I think I almost succeeded. Once I got home last night, the comedown almost immediately hit and I spent a while worrying friends and family with phone calls where I sounded like I was on the verge of tears and random drunken comments from my sprawled out position on the bedroom floor.

It's only now that I've woken up (ridiculously early!), with my semblance of a cold returning with a vengeance (I've already been on the lemsip) and unable to get back to sleep that I realise just how depressed I've been feeling since Christmas. I'm okay when I'm with people but when I'm not . . . I guess it just hits me how alone I am. And how much I miss . . . well, the very person I shouldn't be missing. But I can't bloody help it, okay???? Especially when he couldn't even take the time to send me a remotely personalised text message at Christmas time - I got a generic impersonal one instead. Which made ME too angry to even respond. And bloody sad too.

But oh well. I should be used to the way of things by now, shouldn't I? Yet it never fails to surprise or wound me.

Anyway, last week I responded to Meghan's post on Blog Voyeur Turned Blogwhore for an "interview" of sorts. Basically, she emailed me five questions for me to answer on my blog. It's taken me nearly a week to get around to doing it (it kept slipping my mind) but I figure I may as well do it now. So here goes . . .

1.) If you had to choose between rose wine and sex for one year what would it be?

I've involuntarily chosen rose wine for pretty much the past year anyway and managed pretty well without sex, to be honest! But since I'm wanting to cut down on my drinking next year, I think I will choose the sex option. I could probably survive on other forms of alcohol for a year. Malibu and pineapple perhaps? Or perhaps I could become a beer convert? Hmm, perhaps not . . .

2) I warned Meghan I didn't really feel like I could post the second question here.

But the answer is "yes. repeatedly."

3.) Almost a year ago you took a break from blogging and considered leaving the bloggyworld; are you glad that you stayed? (for the record, I speak for all your readers when I say we are glad you did :) ) {Thanks Meghan! I honestly didn't pay her to say that!}

I AM glad I stayed, yeah. I am fully aware that a lot of people don't "get" blogging, and don't understand why I do it. But there are tons of things other people do that I don't understand too. I can't think of any examples right now but there are! The simple fact of the matter is, I LIKE blogging. Like I've said before, it is my form of therapy, and my way of venting my rage and getting my feelings off my chest. And, best of all, it's free!

4.) What's one thing that the people that read your blog would find surprising about you based on what they read.

I guess based on my angry rants, it might be surprising to know in real life that I'm actually pretty shy and find it quite hard to talk to people I don't know - unless inebriated. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have that type of shyness that means I'm struggling for speech one second and then suddenly start babbling nonsense that probably makes people wish I would just go back to awkward silence again . . .

I'm also very bad at confrontation. I'd rather avoid the problem than face it head on.

5.) What's one thing you hope to accomplish in 2009, and what makes it different from any other year?

There's a lot I want to accomplish actually, not just one thing. I want to get healthy and lose some weight - I have definitely put weight on this past year and need to get my confidence (what little I had of it!) back. I also want to find a job I'm really happy in. Or, at the very least, MILDLY happy! Maybe start looking into property - it's probably about time I at least CONSIDERED being grown-up in some respects.

It MIGHT be nice to meet someone special too, but at the moment it isn't really a priority. My head is still fucked over the previous one . . .

As for what makes it different from other years . . . I am going to be thirty! Argh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway, I'll follow Meghan's lead and say if anyone wants to be "interviewed", just let me know in the comments section along with your email address and I'll randomly think up five questions for you. It's actually quite good fun.

Okay, it's now time for me to try and go back to sleep, or at the very least cough a bit more and possibly have a cry. I'm still in THAT kind of mood unfortunately . . .

12 comments:

  1. Hi Polly, I think you look awesome actually, your Xmas' pics were great, anyway, I understand your need to feel good about yourself, we all have that. I asked once, like a week ago, for questions..so I'd actually like to answer something you might be willing to ask me, I odn't know if I'm worth asking something though...
    Happy new year PP! hOPE YOU GET BETTER, BTW :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally throwing my hat in the ring for this interview business. If I was to choose to be interviewed by anyone, I reckon it would be you.... Bring it on, sista.

    (And while you're at it, pleeease email me the second question you refused to post.... c'mon)

    miss.em@live.com.au

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too get a little down right after Christmas is over...I just kind of get reminded that I am still single haha...

    At least you went out and had fun with friends!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good questions .. but we miss q 2 .. now we're so damn curious lol

    i'd love ya to interview me .. post ur questions on my chat box ..

    have a great day,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the whole interview concept - if you wanna include me feel free :)

    Also, the new blog design is toooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was question number 2??? Not fair.
    I agree with Amy- nice blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey....thirty is cool, believe me, I can almost remember it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to comment something when suddenly I hear the anna molly guitar riff start to play out of nowhere on your music player and I am caught off guard and now I totally forgot what I was going to comment about...
    suddenly my mind is somewhere else

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay, we love meghan. i did her 5 questions as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok so we don't know eachother but I came across your blog and it's funny as shit! It's valentines day and my bf is sick in bed, all day, so I've been in bed with him reading your blog for a bit. Thought I'd comment, say hi, reveal that I'm turning 30 this year. How the eff did that happen? Where was I? Probably drunk at a bar! So, if you're still up for sending me 5 interview questions, I could use the blog material since I'm boring as fuck these days!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)