Tuesday, 28 October 2008

ON FITNESS, CONFUSION, AND . . . TRUST ISSUES???

Just back my run. MAN, am I unfit!!!

We managed nearly half an hour but some of it was hardcore walking rather than running due to sheer exhaustion plus the fact the wind was so icy that it was taking our breath away the minute we opened our mouths. We always managed to keep our heartrate up though so I suppose that's a start. I know I'll be sore in the morning but I'm easing myself in gently as I'm booked pretty much solid socially for the next four days. Seriously, it's like all I have to do is decide I am on a health kick for my social life to suddenly majorly perk up. I have about five different invitations just over Friday and Saturday all of a sudden and no way to fit them all in. But I'll do my best to try - after all, perhaps my perfect guy might be at one of them. That's the beauty of life . . . you don't know what's around the corner!

All the same, I need to keep up the fitness at least this week, and can bring in the healthy eating in a major way next week. Last night I discovered they have this on youtube. Do you have any idea how much this discovery is going to help my health and fitness regime??? If I'm already on the laptop anyway (a fairly obvious statement since I'm online so damn much), it will be easy for me to just open a new internet window, stick the various parts of this on and do it. So much less hassle than loading up a dvd. Plus I did it yesterday and really felt it working. Anyway, I'm going to try and keep it up as much as possible, do the running a couple of days a week and see what else I can throw into the mix. We'll just have to see what happens . . .

**********************************************************

Yesterday I got an email from someone called Moses. I was very excited (naturally!) and sent an email to my friend to let her know. "The highlight of my day has arrived already. Moses has just emailed me! How can I better that???"

Her response? "Did he tell you about his plans to build an ark?"

I knew that wasn't quite right, but it took me a couple of seconds to add two and two and come up with four in my head (usually my mental arithmetic isn't THAT bad, but it was early morning, give me a break!) - "No," I replied. "Because that was NOAH."

I can certainly understand the mix-up though . . .

**********************************************************
Here's something I've been wondering about . . .

If someone repeatedly slags off other people to you . . . does that mean you can't trust them to not be doing exactly the same thing elsewhere? Taking your own weak traits and tearing you apart to amuse and/or reassure someone else?

I sometimes can't help but wonder how many of the lowest points I've experienced in front of someone have been relayed to someone else to get a laugh at my expense; how many of my character flaws have been held under the microscope to provide an anecdote of just how awful I am.

I know I sound a bit vague here; I can't be much else. I'm just thinking. My mind goes off on tangents sometimes and I just can't seem to get it to return to normal. I think ultimately the question is "how well can you really know a person?"

Because sometimes I don't feel like I know ANYONE anymore. Or anyTHING . . .

**********************************************************

Apologies. I'm just feeling tired. Emotional. Fucked up in the head.

I think I need my bed. :(

5 comments:

  1. I went jogging today too! Also not far, but it felt good.

    And probably people who talk shit do it about everyone, including you. I've been trying to discourage negative gossip of all kinds, in me and others, but it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - someone else on a fitness kick. Okay, maybe me going to the gym five days a week is more than a kick, but you can count on me to be here keeping you motivated!

    Also - yes, people who constantly talk shit about others to you, are stabbing you in the back and talking about you to someone else. Its the way these people work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!! you go running girl!

    I am like that too I constantly wonder what people bad mouth about me, I am sure they do if they do it to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow all those thoughts AFTER a run? Usually I just lie on the floor panting for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do know what you mean about having no time once you decide to start working out. I've had to rely on Wii fit as I simply cannot squeeze the time in to go to the gym (or keep up on my blogs, even!!)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)