Sunday, 26 October 2008

JUST SOME RANDOM STUFF . . .

Not got much to say today, just been having a lovely lazy weekend, which has been great as frankly the weather has just been so horrid I haven't wanted to leave the house. Let's hope it gets a bit better for tomorrow, since I WILL actually have to leave the house then.

I've been a bit annoyed (I know you're like "what the fuck? you??? annoyed? surely not?" - sarcasm! - but I really am!) recently due to feeling a bit used. Why is it people think they can text or email or whatever when they want something, whether it's to vent or complain or look for some sort of comfort . . . but the minute they're okay (or found someone else perhaps) they just drop me? (Again.) So I contact them and they just ignore me. Niiiicccceee. Makes me feel like I'm worth precisely fuck all. So why did I even bother helping them in the first place??? Who knows. It's just actually pretty damn hurtful.

Phew. Rant over. I feel slightly better for having vented myself now. Still hurt, obviously, but like I've got something off my chest.


********************************

Onto other things. I bought UGG boots online last night. Something I never really intended to do, I don't actually like the LOOK of them all that much, but my sis has a pair and they look good on her so I thought, "Bugger it, I'll just buy them". And I found them for only seventy three quid here so I thought, yeah, why not. They'll keep my feet warm and, hopefully, a bit drier than my ballet pumps do. :)

********************************

If you want a laugh, go to this post at At Least I'm Skinny. Basically she lists seven stupid things she has done in her life, but I could hardly get past number one as I was laughing so hard at it.

********************************

I also wanted to highlight two causes that friends of mine are involved in, as I keep meaning to and keep forgetting.

Firstly the charity DebRA, which is looking for a cure for the skin condition Epidermolysis Bullosa - this is "a genetic condition where the skin breaks at the slightest touch, causing painful, open blisters and wounds. EB can mean a life of extreme pain, disability and, at its worst it is fatal in infancy. People with severe EB are likely to contract a fatal skin cancer". . My friend's son is suffering from a (thankfully) fairly mild form of this illness and she is doing all she can to try and raise money for research into a cure for the skin condition. Her own fundraising website can be found here.

And the second cause is Movember, where men grow moustaches for the month of November and are sponsored to do so, in order to raise money for men's health awareness, in particular prostrate cancer. A lot of blokes in my office are participating in this and it's bound to be a bit of a laugh, so why not encourage the men in YOUR life to take part in this???

********************************

Last but not least, remember today is your last chance to ask me any questions you want answered. Anything, no matter how silly or serious, is welcomed! You can leave them on this post or on the "question time" post from Thursday . . .

7 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying a lovely, lazy weekend, too...I hate that tomorrow has to be Monday.

    I hope you like your UGGs! I've never been a big fan of the look of them, but I think I might have to cave in and get some this year. They look so comfy and cozy and with the freezing, snowy winters here, they might be a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get like that too, annoyed with people who disappear when all its good...then agian i think I do it myself..
    I miss ugg boots, I wore them here once and people thought I was nuts, it was just a nostalgic moment of winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. those Ugg boots look all warm and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because nothing says prostate cancer like a mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya on the whole being used thing.

    but the ugg boots? I will never understand that trend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spooky, I bought ugg boots online yesterday too! Man those things must be selling like hotcakes now that winter is upon us. I have to admit it's going to be my second pair- I wore my last pair out last winter, there's nothing better than having warm feet! But yes, they are a crime against fashion... especially French fashion, you should see the looks I get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I was just looking at Uggs online today!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)