Thursday, 2 October 2008

INHERIT MOI . . .

So about a week ago, me and my sis happened upon TGI Fridays and happened upon my old friend K . . .

Now I hadn't heard from K in a while. I always tend to see him at strange times. Prime example? I'm sitting in Pizza Hut enjoying my Grand Pan and next thing I know I realise the guy pressing himself up against a window and waving frantically is K . . .

Anyway, the TGI Maitre'd leads us to our seat and out of the corner of my eye I THINK I see K. But I don't even look until he starts shouting over to me, and it becomes more obvious it IS him . . . .

Once I have decided on my menu and K's dining partner has vanished I feel obliged to think of further stuff to say. When you've not spoke to someone in a year or so, you're decidedly limited in your choice of conversation. I opt for the mundane . . .

"So . . . where are you working these days?"

K winced at the very question, a hint that implied he didn't want to answer. But he did anyway. "Weeeellllll. I'm NOT actually working. Been living off an inheritance actually. Since about - um, March I think . . ."

Instantly me, Ms Faux Pas 2008 was wondering what the fuck to say now. Who had died? I was panicking. I'd stuck my big nose in it. But K was still talking, as his dining partner came back . . .

"So how long is it since I've been working?" he asked him.

His dining partner/man replied:

"Since the time you starting shagging me I guess."

The point of this story? The fact that not everyone is blunt OR as naive as me . . .

EDIT: Could you tell that was another drunken post? I think the last line was meant to say something about how there are people in the world MORE blunt than me. I got sort of confused I guess . . . I also think I meant to say I had stuck my big FOOT in, not my NOSE . . .

FURTHER EDIT: And I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how I came up with that title . . .

7 comments:

  1. pizza hut and tgi, think you know where to find K next time...American food chains

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living off an inheritance?

    MUST BE NICE!!

    Well..except for the dead person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, sounds like an interesting encounter :-)

    I love drunk posts, they're so much fun to try and understand... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...wait, was he really living off an inheritance, or was he being a "kept" man? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm not even sure what to say about this. Except excellent use of maitre'd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love IT! I want to start using the word "shagging" more.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)