Saturday, 27 September 2008

TO PROVE I AM TRULY A GUITAR HEROINE . . .

. . . I have decided I will need to post about "Guitar Hero".

AGAIN.

Sorry.

Anyway this need to prove myself comes after I read my friend M's not-too-positive review of Katy Perry's album on the ciao review website. I defended the album, saying I actually thought it was pretty good, and she asked what had happened to me, she had thought her and A had managed to convert me to a rock chick in Belfast.

So since M does occasionally swing past this blog, I thought I would show her there's still a bit of a rock chick inside by posting my favourite Guitar Hero songs (not me performing them, sadly, I've plugged that youtube clip quite enough by now!)

My favourite for the Wii version can be found here and my favourite on the DS can be found here. I've posted the vids for these on my blog before so not posting them again! (Yes, much like the aforementioned youtube clip. you CAN have too much of a good thing . . . )

In no particular order, here are the others . . .




In the Wii corner, "Miss Murder" by AFI.



In the DS corner, Bloc Party's "Helicopter". I only wish this was on the Wii too because I would soooo rock it on the Wii guitar. . .



Now THIS one is probably my favourite for the Wii - after Superbus, obviously!!! It's virtually impossible to get it 100% spot on, but it's so much fun to play and I have managed to get past 200,000 scorewise which is impressive considering I was actually too scared to even ATTEMPT it in Belfast. M will vouch for my utter brilliance at this one now - I think she was truly amazed by my Dragonforce prowess . . .

And last but not least, a little blast from the past courtesy of the DS version . . .



"Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. Which is not only just easy enough to give my hand a bit of a break after playing Incubus repeatedly, it also reminds me of one of my favourite cheesy films . . .

Oh shite, I totally just ruined my newly-resurrected rock goddess status again by admitting that, didn't I???

6 comments:

  1. I am yet to play Guitar Hero because the only people i know that own a Wii are my parents ( yep. )

    I'm totally missing out, arent i ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the wii version, but the console Guitar Hero 3 does have Helicopter on it.

    It is unlocked by playing through the co-op career mode. I don't know at what point, but it'll be an encore.

    Either that, or use some kind of unlock cheat. Not that I'm advocating cheating or anything.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am scared to go against you in a guitar hero duel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reeeaally want to get Guitar Hero for the Wii. Tried it once and couldn't do it and then got sulky :P

    But now I'm jealous. I WANT TO PLAY GUITAR HERO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the song Miss Murder! I didn't know it was on Guitar Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guitar Hero is the best thing since sliced bread.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)