Wednesday, 24 September 2008

TIME . . .

It's a funny thing, isn't it?

They say time heals, and I guess that's true; things DO get better with time. But it also plays tricks on you. For example, sometimes I can remember ONLY the good things and get nostalgic, wishing for the past back. Then I have to FORCE myself to remember the bad stuff that went hand in hand with the good - not because I particularly WANT to, but just to remind myself that it's better the way it is now.

But sometimes it's difficult. Because the good memories were just so nice. And they will always remain the most vivid.

I'm rambling. Never mind - it was just a thought!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate. It's so easy to float back to the happy memories. I force myself to remember the bad. Unfortunately there weren't enough good to outweigh the bad.

    It's hard, but eventually you'll start thinking of the good memories less and less until finally they're just memories. Time is a trickster, but it knows what it's doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty relevant thought though. And true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do try to remember more of the good things than bad, but sometimes I can recall the latter much more vividly. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm...think I can read between the lines here ;) will mail you later on.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)