Sunday, 14 September 2008

NO REST FOR THE WICKED . . .

I've been "officially" awake since twenty past eight this morning. On a Sunday.

I say officially because I was actually awake for most of the night, drifting in and out of slightly confused slumber. My official point of awakeness came at the point where I gave up trying to get back to sleep and just got up, albeit just to retrieve my laptop and bring it back to my bed.

Several things kept me awake. For one thing, girl pains. Unlike other females who tend to get their cramps BEFORE they start their period, mine come after it starts. So it started during the night and the pain was doubling me over a bit. It's still a little uncomfortable now, but not as bad as it once was.

The other thing was that I left the tv on last night. My flatmate came in late on last night to say that there was a documentary on More4 about the woman who pretended to be a 9/11 survivor when she wasn't even in the country on the day it happened. So even though I was half asleep and didn't have my contact lenses in, I decided to lie there with my eyes closed and listen to it. Obviously I fell asleep before I found out how she got rumbled (don't worry, I looked it all up this morning after I "woke up"!) but I didn't sleep for long.

Apparently after the More4 channel closes down for the night, it's possibly taken over by some shopping channel which starts playing infomercials. I think. This may not be the case. I may have imagined it. I may or may not have made up an entire advert for an eighties cd which was playing over and over on a loop as I lay there half-conscious. I just know I kept thinking drowsily "Man, I totally forgot about that track, it was awesome, I need to download it from somewhere!"

I may also have made up an entire documentary also from the eighties. I just remember I kept hearing something I remember going vaguely like - "What's your name? Sean. Where do you live? Above you." Does this make sense to anyone? It was directed by someone famous too apparently and I think it was about an eight year old boy. Or he might have been twelve. I'm not actually all that sure.

I really did make it up, didn't I???

Oh well, at least the stomach pains are almost gone. And now I'm planning on going on another shopping spree (had a successful one yesterday). Not right at this moment obviously, as I am wearing no make up, a towel on my head and a dressing gown, but in the near future. I'll update you on how successful it is later, after I've shopped and possibly had a couple of drinks!!!

And I'll leave you with one of the few songs I remember from this possibly imagined eighties cd advert - here!

6 comments:

  1. Aww - feel better - and have a fabbity time shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I hate it when I can't get back to sleep like that or wake up early on a weekend. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the weirdest thing when background noise integrates itself into your dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I don't sleep either. I have to actually exhaust myself with physical activity to guarentee a few hours of sleep. I'm lucky if I get 4 a night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully you will be able to catch up on some zzzzz's tonight. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never get a good night sleep when the girl pains come.

    It sucks.

    Have fun shopping! Let us know what you get.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)