Friday, 22 August 2008

WEIGHING UP THE GOOD POINTS . . .

I was giving the whole idea of listing my good points some thought and, since I can't really think of anything else to post about, I figured I may as well give it a go. Make it a bit more balanced.

So what ARE my good points? Hmmm, let me think . . .

  • I'm an okay writer. I wouldn't say I was BRILLIANT but I'm not bad.

  • I don't mix up "you're" and "your". Or "there", "their" and "they're".

  • I am good at doing eye make up. Only my own though. Several people who asked me to do THEIR eye make up on the basis that mine looked nice have since regretted their request . . .

  • If I need the toilet, I can hold it in for AGES!!! Especially impressive after I've drunk about three litres of water. (PS I KNOW this isn't healthy. It's just sometimes I'm too lazy to go to the loo immediately and too polite to pee myself . . .)

  • I'm quite good at coming up with funny comments on the spot, particularly DIRTY funny comments (although I get very offended when no one laughs - yes, occasionally my jokes DO fall flat on their face . . . incredible, isn't it?)

  • I have tons of belongings (cds, books, DVDs, CLOTHES!!!) and am usually more than willing to lend them out. To the extent that I can rarely keep track of who has what . . .

  • I can type pretty damn fast considering i only use two fingers - and I don't even need to look at the keyboard!

  • I rock at Guitar Hero on the Wii - remember the proof on youtube? I'm improving by the day on the DS version too. But, sadly, I don't have proof of that . . .

  • I'm a good listener.

  • I'm genuinely interested in other people and what makes them tick.

  • I usually have good advice for others. I just have problems taking it myself.

  • I really DO try to see the best in people. Even when they're arseholes.

  • I can swim fifty lengths without damaging my make up.

  • I can JUST ABOUT sing in tune. I just have a crap singing voice . . .

  • I secretly have a desire to make everything around me sparkling and tidy. Deep down I can't tolerate mess. It's just I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

  • I'm honest enough to admit my faults.

  • Despite the fact I can get stressed out quite easily, I actually work well under pressure.

  • My regular impromptu rants seem to be fairly amusing to others. Which can be a bit annoying when I'm REALLY incensed, but the rest of the time it's kinda flattering.

  • I don't pretend to like something just because everyone else does. I don't like to be a sheep.

  • I'm absurdly proud of the fact I love chick-lit and chick-flicks.

  • I have a huge storage of "Friends" quotes in my brain, ready to pull out for virtually ANY occasion.

  • I don't try to force my beliefs on other people.

  • I respect other people's opinions . . . within reason obviously!

  • I can write my name in lovely big bubble letters.

  • In fact, on that subject, I have pretty handwriting when I can be bothered. Although it is FREAKISHLY small. I always try to write big but it inevitably shrinks again within a few words.

  • I have a great memory. Not just for people and events that have happened, but I'm also a font of useless information. I'm fairly handy in a pub quiz situation, for example.

  • I occasionally talk to cuddly toys. I'm not sure why I consider that a good point . . .

  • I'm generally polite and friendly, especially to people in customer service. I know how it feels to be on the other end of it.



Anyway, I think that's me done now, so here's a couple of pics from the madness that was last night . . .

"Yes, they ARE real..."


Not really the best way to try and stop a bus . . .

Leaning on a lamp-post . . . it seemed like a good idea at the time!!!

13 comments:

  1. See now, that wasnt so hard, was it? Plus, you can add " I wear really cute dresses! " to your list because there is evidence of that in those photos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cheers for the compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot "Really good at sharing hillarious videos to cheer everyone up on those boring monotonous Tuesdays!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great list and REALLY cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyla - yeah, good point! :)

    LCT - thanks and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I love that your first two were focused on grammar. That shows that our priorities are synced. Second, you are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben - oh thank you, I'm blushing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think everyone should have a list of their good points. Great lists! Fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hold it in for the longest time too! Go us, that is a skill right there. Frankly, sometimes I'm just too lazy to get up and go to the bathroom haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. on behalf of people working in the customer service industry...thank you =) the world could use more people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can vouch for this, yo rock girl!!

    besides you are my grammar hero, i read his and relized i do not know the rules of your and you´re and their they´re....

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so adorable!! :) and i love grammar people....just wanted to throw that out there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you are cute, yes?
    I love the fact that your tenacious bladder made it onto the list!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)