- DON'T make a list of what you want to take beforehand. What's the point??? Isn't it more exciting if you realise once you've reached your destination that you've forgotten a) hairbrush b) toothpaste c) contact lens cleaner d) knickers or e) all of the above. No???
- Pack under the influence. Isn't it more fun that way? After all, you're FAR more likely to a) trip over your suitcase twenty times b) pack even MORE haphazardly than normally c) think it's a good idea to take sparklers* d) pass out on your bed BEFORE you actually start the packing or e) all of the above. Go on, put some spark back in your life!
- Use a massive suitcase. After all, the more space you have, the more likely you are to fill it (it's like some sort of law that the amount you need to take increases in direct proportion to the amount of space in your suitcase). And the lengthy wait in the check-in queue while you gnaw on your nails wondering if you're going to have to pay for excess baggage just heightens the excitement of the journey. Can you beat that rush of adrenalin?
- Don't consider the weather of your destination when you're picking what outfits to take. Come on, it'll be FUN. Ski-suits and goggles in Cyprus, sundresses in the Alps, cocktail dress on a watersports holiday . . . Variation is the key, dah-ling!
- Pack your passport in your suitcase. Just another way to heighten the fun at check-in . . .
- Don't put liquids in your suitcase. Attempt to bring them in your carry-on instead. Same applies to tweezers, nail clippers and scissors. I bet you thought going through security was dull until now . . .
- If you MUST put liquids in your suitcase, make sure the lid is slightly ajar. After all, you want to give your shampoo etc some breathing room (It's "worth it", after all). Otherwise it's just cruel . . . And, of course, what fun is it if your clothes remain clean and unstained in the suitcase?
- Don't put a padlock on your suitcase. Doesn't it make it more FUN if there's the possibility you may be attacked by sniffer-hounds, dragged off by security and dumped in a foreign jail after someone attempts to PLANT something on you???
I haven't started packing yet. But I'm going to try my best NOT to follow the above rules. I may end up confusing myself though . . .
I bought a bee-yootiful dress today too - it can be found here. It was five pounds cheaper than advertised in the shop and although I didn't try it on at the time (I was quite literally trapped in my top - seriously. My flatmate had to help me out of it) when I got home I DID and it was just right. I LOVE it. Although it prompted me to send the following text to my friend . . .
I just bought the most beautiful dress in Miss Selfridge for Barcelona. It's quite tight around the boobs though so you're possibly gonna have to help me in and out of it. Sorry chick! x
You wanna see a certain someone rock Guitar Hero??? Go here . . .
Is it just me or does Usher look sooo much hotter when he is wearing a hat??? Otherwise, he just looks a bit odd . . .
*I have NEVER done this.