Wednesday, 23 July 2008

AND NO, WE DON'T EAT BABIES . . .

Somehow at lunchtime today, talk got around to pregnancy. Actually, not so much pregnancy as the END part . . . labour. And about how much it would hurt. I guess sometimes you forget that a baby actually has to come OUT until you realise it's soon going to happen to someone.



We all agreed, first of all, that God HAD to have been a man.



Secondly we tried to think of alternative ways babies could be born. These mainly involved laying a baby egg LOOOONNNNG before it hatched. Then either having to SIT on it for nine months (which sounded feasible), or carrying it around in some sort of little incubator.



"Can you imagine," one of the girls said, "sitting at your desk with your little baby egg sitting next to you?"



"Are you kidding?" I asked in horror. "You couldn't bring it in here. Someone would hide it, or start using it to play catch, or . . . or EAT it!"



Scrambled baby eggs . . .



All a little horrified and disgusted at that mental image, we started talking about less awful things. Like caesareans . . .



****************************************************



So remember how I said that the toilets in my work were kinda yucky? Well, it got worse today . . . someone had actually BLED all over a toilet. Seriously, I have never seen anything like it. It was disgusting and I can't believe some of the places it had managed to go. How can ANYONE leave a toilet in such a state??? It beggars belief!!!



****************************************************



Oh, and apparently the London guy and I are going to be in the same country tomorrow, I've been reliably informed. I'm off out tomorrow night anyway so perhaps I'll run into him. Or perhaps not . . .

6 comments:

  1. Do you work with animals? Who doesn't clean up their blood on a toilet? EWWWWWWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blood on the toilet thing almost made me barf! gross! people are so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally laughing at the baby egg thing but the blood on the toilet ? I think i vomited in my mouth a little....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew. If you're going to bleed on it, clean it up. How ignorant is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew I definitely threw up a little in my mouth. People are disgusting!
    As for the baby egg thing - that would be really, really weird. I don't think I'd like that. Of course the alternative isn't great either...

    lose/lose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I live long enough to see technology advance enough so that men can carry babies. That would be so awesome.

    Bloody toilets make me puke, I'm sorry you had to see that! It's bad enough reading it, I can't imagine seeing it in person!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)