Friday, 13 June 2008

DIFFERENT CITIES, DIFFERENT WORLDS . . .

London was awesome. It's only the second time I've been down there and to be honest, it's never been top of my list of places to go to, but both times I have been down there it has exceeded my expectations.

Obviously I was having to work during the day and work was pretty damn hectic, but my leisure time was all my own. And the weather was absolutely fabulous! Every evening started off with me slurping down a couple of rose wines on the hotel bar terrace overlooking the Thames. One day no one else wanted to enjoy the sunshine so I went it alone with a couple of magazines and my mp3 player for a few hours. I'm not really one for drinking in a bar on my own, but for some reason I didn't mind doing it in the hotel.

I also got to meet up with one of my friends from uni, who left her mobile at home the day we were meant to meet but turned up at the hotel bar on the offchance that I would be there. Unsurprisingly, I was! I took her for dinner and then we came back to the hotel bar where according to one of my colleagues, I decided to start singing "I Get Knocked Down" by Chumbawumba for no reason that I can even contemplate!

The last night I had the option to stay in the hotel for dinner with one half of my colleagues, or venture further afield with the other half of them. I decided to go with the second option on the spur of the moment and am so glad I did, as it was an awesome night. We started off in Brick Lane for a curry (service was crap but the food was great!) then we headed to Shoreditch to meet a couple of one of the guy's friends. One of which was the guy mentioned in the previous post.

I can't even remember what we were talking about or anything really. We didn't say much to one another in the first bar, in the second we ended up sitting next to each other and we ended up talking about default facial expressions. Apparently mine was "cynical and worried" according to him. Sounds about right. I could feel his arm brushing against mine, but was sure it was an accident.

In the next bar/club, suddenly things heated up. We were sitting chatting and obviously it was loud, so he was leaning over and tocuhing me when he talked to me. I felt - well, kinda turned on, to be perfectly honest. Wow - I was human again!

Next time we were all up on the dancefloor, I could feel him looking at me, and everytime I caught his eye, he would smile at me, and I would think "man, just one snog, that's all i need. One snog just to prove I can."

Like i said, it would definitely have happened had we had a bit more time, but we were clearly just feeling each other out at that point and I was too out of practice to make the first move, I guess.

When we went to jump in the taxi, he was a bit occupied talking to his friend so I just went over and gave him a hug goodbye and he kissed me on the cheek. Twice, I think. Now I think, "dammit, I should have just jumped him then." But hey hindsight is a great thing, isn't it?

So that's it. My memories of London - sunshine, rose wine, good food, a great laugh, an awesome last night and a flirtation with a guy I'll more than likely never see again.

9 comments:

  1. Ah I love my city! And I was in Brick Lane for a curry just last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, never say never, do you think he might get in touch through your friend?
    He sounds VERY interested!!!

    London is very cool.

    God I miss the UK sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. l.c.t - where was it you went for the curry there? if I'm back down soon (which I hope to be) i should let you know and we can meet up!!! :)

    skinny girl - hmmm, I'm doubtful he will, and don't want to get my hopes up. have a feeling he's just a player really so don't wanna get hung up on anything that's not gonna happen. but that's life - at least it taught me there's more fish in the sea!!! why don't you come back to the uk???

    ReplyDelete
  4. that makes me miss london and miss being single....which is odd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being able to wander a city in such a way!
    And, even if nothing comes of it, having a bit of an infatuation is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad u had a wonderful fun-filled trip and a safe return. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you never know, before you know it he will be back in your life again in some sort of way...Hey thank gosh for interent and online communities, find him, track him down and mail him or something. Just do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agreed with Chele, that's way too much chemistry to be pushed aside. Track him down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm I can't actually remember the name of the place we went on Brick Lane. It was hilarious because there were 13 or 14 of us and the guy who's birthday it was, was trying to get us 'good deal' at various places. We finally ended up somewhere where they would give each of us a free drink. Works for me :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)