Thursday, 5 June 2008

85 WORDS A MINUTE, BABY!!! ;)

Sometimes my utter sadness amazes even myself . . .

I popped onto facebook "for a moment" about two hours ago, to discover another of my distant cousins (what are we if my gran's brother was their aunt? I'm bad at relative definitions as I have so few) from Ottowa had added me as a friend. Which was nice. But then I noticed they had a typing speed application on their profile . . .

Now I'm not big AT ALL on these application thingys on facebook, I hardly EVER add any. But typing speed? I couldn't resist?

Two and a half hours later, I was STILL typing frantically away, trying to better my previous score. To the point where I'm going cross eyed and am suffering something that seems to be akin to repetitive strain injury in my left wrist. I keep having to wave it about in the air as some form of respite (or repentance, perhaps? Sorry wrists!)

But I got a record of 85 words per minute so I ain't complaining. I may not be good at a lot of things but man can I type. Especially impressive since I can't touch type and only use two fingers. God, can you imagine if I COULD touch type??? I would be a world Olympian in typing - if there were such a thing!!!

Right, I need to go and sort out an outfit for the Glasgow chapter of the hen night started in Spain. It's theme is all-black which is a problem for me - not as much as a problem as when it was all-white, but I hardly own any black OR white clothes so I'm gonna end up wearing my work trousers or something. And like I said before, if you have a myspace you can check out the hen holiday pics here.

Oh, and I've bought this girl's album recently and I have to say, she is fantastic. You should check it out, if you haven't already!! Her voice is amazing!!

10 comments:

  1. will have to agree about the girl!
    :)

    And btw... I do 85 too!! :P

    But then again I sit all day in front of a computer... lol!!!1
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at 105wpm but I touch-type. I think I'd be rubbish if I were typing with two fingers so that's impressive!

    Also - who is that girl?? She's got a good voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and this is why facebook is the enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with girl with the mask...I have been trying to tell people for months that facebook is an awful beast.

    But they argue and sing its praises. I think it's the addiction talking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try TyperShark on Yahoo Games. Ridiculously addicting.

    And that lady has a fabulous voice. Who is she?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chick singing is Gabriella Cilmi - she's an Aussie! Wooo. She is fairly brilliant. I think she's only 16 too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't taken that test, but on another one I got 95 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I love her voice! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for pointing out Gabriella Cilmi! I had never heard of her before, but I love her voice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE! I'm downloading as soon as I get home from work!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)