Saturday, 10 May 2008

HOLIDAY ENVY . . .

I don't get it. I was standing in the queue at the bureau de change at Marks and Sparks, waiting to change my pounds sterling for euros . . . and idly eavesdropping on the family getting served in front of me.

"So where are you off to then?" the guy behind the counter asked.

"We're off to New York. For a family wedding." the guy replied.

So I'm waiting for my euros. For my holiday in two days time to Spain. And I'm jealous of someone else going on holiday. I don't even know why! I don't even particularly want to go to New York - it's somewhere I want to go eventually, but it's not on my list of top destinations at the moment. I found myself looking around the rest of the people in the queue, wondering where they were all planning on going. And getting jealous of them too.

The grass is always greener, I guess . . .

1 comment:

  1. It must be so...While I dread taking the short(4 hour bus ride) To New York to see my friend, I really wish I could afford to take a vacation(U.S. word for holiday) to the UK. Maybe we could do one of those swaps, like in that Cameron Diaz movie?

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)