Tuesday, 20 May 2008

ADIOS ESPAGNE (OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT)

First of all, thanks to Chele for guestblogging in my absence - you rock, chick!!!

So I'm back. The holiday comedown isn't so bad this holiday around, but perhaps because I've been half asleep for the last two days. The flight from Alicante touched down in Glasgow at five past midnight and by the time my brother in law dropped me off it was half past one on Monday morning. I was in work for ten to eight the same morning. Barely slept last night too and was in work for eight again. Think I might need to sleep soon.

I had an awesome week - the weather wasn't as great as I hoped, but far better than was forecast. In the early twenties most of the time (isn't THAT ironic, ha!) and there was a good few hours of sunshine a day. Unlike the other girls, I was willing to lie out under the clouds waiting for the sun to appear. I liken it to being a surfer waiting for the perfect wave, although I don't surf so the metaphor is kinda redundant I guess. Anyway, what with my neverending patience when it comes to the art of sunbathing, and my previous holiday only being a month before, I'm actually feeling pretty tanned for a change. Need to maintain it somehow!!! (Sunbeds, sunbeds, sunbeds... No lectures please!)

But honestly, it was an amazing time. Days were spent lying on our roof terrace, which was incredible, and nights spent getting drunk and getting up to mischief. Notable moments include:

*Dancing topless on the roof terrace in the sunshine.

*Hanging out on a grassy roundabout in the middle of a busy road at one in the morning, where some of the girls practiced their pole dancing and I mastered the crab position again for the first time in years. Let's just say there were some puzzled motorists about that night!

*Later the same night . . . ending up in the back of a white van getting a lift off two strange guys who didn't speak English. Not the safest of options, I'm sure you'd agree . . . but all the other girls had jumped in (don't think they'd asked first!) and I didn't know how to get home myself! The girls proceeded to have a party with them in the apartment while I passed out cold in bed.

*Singing karaoke for the first time in about ten years. It was Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much". I don't think I particularly impressed my audience with my performance.

*Watching Rangers get a beating in the UEFA cup as we sat in an Irish bar. Don't think there was one person in there who wasn't cheering on the Russians, hehe!!!

It was the best time, although I have to admit it was hard to keep up with the other girls, most of whom were younger (once again, ironic, eh?) and full of beans. Meanwhile I was drunk, tired and ready to pass out hours beforehand.

And the weather waited until the hour before we left to get crap. It was pissing it down with rain when we headed to the airport. As we sat in the plane waiting to take off, realising we were the noisy passengers that other passengers tend to hate, the pilot or first officer or whatever told us it was mildly better weather in Scotland at that point. Which was almost funny . . .

11 comments:

  1. i'm glad you had a nice time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WB. My stepdad was heartbroken when the Rangers lost. Lucky for him he was able to sport his jersey without much ridicule here in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WB. My stepdad was heartbroken when the Rangers lost. Lucky for him he was able to sport his jersey without much ridicule here in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back, but your stand in did a fantastic job keeping us amused while you were gone

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip. I'm glad you weren't kidnapped by the dudes in the van!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl!! long time no see..after i wrote a blog about you wondering where you are, Rebecca told me i could find you here! FINALLY..can't wait to read all your stuff since mid Feb.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!
    Sounds like a fabby holiday!
    Glad to have you back!
    S X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good holiday!

    Watching Rangers getting whipped 2-0 is quite a satisfying past-time, isn't it? Zenit St Petersburg, now Aberdeen... I'm usually not this malicious about it, but I'm really hoping Queen of the South can make it three in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a blast. I could use a ridiculous ladies trip one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)