Sunday, 13 April 2008

BLOGGING . . .

I like blogging.

According to some people, that makes me sad and pathetic and psychotic. Perhaps I am. But it stops me from being even more so than I could be. It's basically my therapy.

I have been through a lot of late and personally I believe I have every right to vent my feelings a little. The main reason I decided to keep blogging in the first place is because I spend way too much time in my head thinking, trying to work out how I could have changed things, could have done things differently, beating myself up over the smallest of things. And I don't always want to talk my friends' ears off about the same things over and over again - as great and supportive as they have all been to me, I don't want to push their limits. At least by blogging I can talk about my emotions, and occasionally get some advice from people who don't know me, and are enough removed from the situation to perhaps give me a non-biased perspective. It helps me to remember there are other people going through similar things to me, whether it's feeling a bit alone or depressed, angry about something however inconsequential, dealing with a relationship breakdown, or having just lost a family member. More importantly, they can choose whether or not they want to "listen" to me. I'm not forcing anyone to read my blog.

I'm not going to apologise for this. I don't see why I should.

And I'm sick of people trying to use it against me.

16 comments:

  1. Stick to the blogging! It doesn't make you any of the above. Sometimes getting pent up feelings helps you to realize where your head is at. And you're a really good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn - are you copping heat cos of the blog again?

    Keep going, blogs are good.

    At the very least there are surely some holiday snaps to be shown off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let people bring you down for blogging. It is therapeutic. There is a reason there are like 10 bajillion blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no apologies! eff people who bring you down because you blog. i get snarky comments too, but i don't give a shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the millions of other Americans who blog, including American soldiers in Iraq, are insane to write about how they feel...

    What dumbasses. Who the fuck cares what they think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. exact same reasons I blog. Either I need to rant or I have a story to tell but dont necessarily feel like talking my friends ears off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you should have to listen to any shit about your blogging; do it! It's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There isn't anything you should apologise for. I think most people out there who have a personal blog feel exactly the same way.
    I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it hysterical how people are always looking for an excuse to judge. As though, really, the notion of blogging is really that off-kilter.

    Although, you are sort of preaching to the converted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Princess Pointful - of course we are going to say blogging is good. BUT - who fing cares what others say. Be you. Do what you want. Fuck em.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah really like you said it is a choice if one wants to read a blog or not, therefore they can shut up when you write about what you feel. Dont let the idiots get to you. They are idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blogging too and nobody should tell you not to do something you love. Blogging helps me discover myself, in some ways. Keep at it, and we'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogging's good from the soul. Plus as time passes, it almost becomes a time capsule. You can see where you've been, where you're at, and where you're going. As a long time blogger ('01), I feel that I'm as much a part of my blog as it's a part of me.

    Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, look at it this way- a lot of people massives amounts of money for therapy- you get it here basically for free! Whos the silly one now??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You took the words right outta my mouth, I blog for exactly the same reasons!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)