Tuesday, 11 March 2008

MY POST TODAY WAS MEANT TO BE ABOUT A BIRD SHITTING ON ME THIS MORNING . . .

. . . but unfortunately something far worse than that happened. It seems bad things come in threes and today the third thing, apart from having my blog exposed and being dumped, hit.

I met my sis and brother in law after work for a quite bite to eat. I was worried I would be a gooseberry but turns out I couldn't have been in better company when my mum called my sis to tell us that our gran had died. I had an inkling it was coming as she had been in and out of hospital and no one knew what was wrong with her. And when my sister gasped out "Oh no"and her eyes welled up with tears, I instantly knew. She's over eighty and let's face it, death comes to us all. But it's more than anything my granda who my heart aches for. Who went out to the shop this morning and came back to find she was no longer there.

Me and my sis were sitting in tears in the middle of the pub. I mean, I can get upset about a six month long relationship ending, but how must it feel when you lose the person you have been with for sixty or whatever years? Never to see them again?

I just feel like shit right now, I really do. It just reminds me ever more clearly that we all die, and it's the ones who are left behind that have to face their lives without us.

Sorry for the downer post. But I don't feel particularly cheery right now.

R.i.p. Gran. x

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, my condolensces to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I hope you and your family are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My deepest condolences to you and your family, I am so sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your grandmother, P. Even when you have a feeling something like that might happen, it doesn't mean you are prepared for it. If there's anything we can do to help don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never have to apologize for something like that. We all care for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, P, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your family right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma.

    My grandma has been a widow for 10 years now, I don't think it is ever something that they get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)